Policies and Procedures
Professional Coaching Dates: All athletes and club coaches are expected to come to these sessions to gain valuable information. This is included in your fees and will not be subject to a refund request.
Volunteer for Tournaments and Workshops: All parents, guardians, and athletes will be required to volunteer for duties at our workshops and tournaments. Volunteer deposits will be included in club fees and refunded on completion of duties. More detail on the duties required will be given as the season progresses.
Schedules/Calendars: We practice two to three times a week. The 3rd day makes a huge difference in the level of growth of our athletes. Schedules are subject to change so look often. It is your athlete’s responsibility to check the schedule.
Attendance: Attendance is mandatory and necessary if you are to develop and be a valuable team member. Accountability is at your coaches’ discretion and may be subject to dismissal.
Season Club Fees:
- All fees are the responsibility of the parent or guardian of any athlete under 18 years of age.
- Fees are non-refundable once the season starts for any reason.
- There are club fees and volunteer fees. For more details on the fee schedule go to the club website.
- Club fees DO INCLUDE:
- All administration fees, Volleyball Alberta fees for athletes, club, and team, all clothing, equipment fees and rentals, gym practice time, coach fees and reimbursements and four (4) tournaments, professional coaching, and other services.
- Club fees DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel to practices and/or tournaments, food, accommodations, any personal equipment (knee pads, braces), black shorts (must be a minimum 4” inseam) and/or National Tournament fees.
- Safe Sport Training or Respect In Sport (RIS): Mandatory online course which MUST be completed one week before the first VA Premier. If incomplete the athlete will not be allowed to play.
Payment Options: Found on our website at: triareawarriors.com Click divisions, choose your league, click on the homepage, then click fees from the new menu bar.
- Club fees and volunteer deposit cheque are to be paid using the online registration found on the website where payment options are available.
- Deposit - Any deposit payment or incomplete registrations by December school break will be subject to a $60 penalty fee. After the first gym day in January, this penalty fee increases to $120 and will be added to your fees.
- Payments - ANY payment more than 7 days late of the scheduled payment date will result in your athlete being suspended without notice.
Nationals: National tournament fees (unless otherwise stated) and coach fees are not included in club fees and additional funds may be required and collected.
Exhibition Games are not a part of club volleyball and are at the discretion of each individual team/coach/team manager.
Team Managers: Are board members and required to attend AGM (Annual General Meeting).
Line of Communication:
- Club communication happens most often through emails.
- Team communication- decided at season start. (RAMP)
- Our club has a strict 24 HOUR “Cooling Off” period on parents’ and / or athletes’ complaints brought forward to a Coach after games. This policy will be strictly enforced:
- First offense - A discussion will be had between the Coach and Parent and witnessed by an unbiased third party.
- Subsequent offense - Review of the offense by the Board with possible dismissal for an athlete (fees will not be returned) and / or banning of Parent from subsequent games and practices, as may be the case.
- Athlete to Coach is encouraged first or Coach to Athlete
- Parent to Coach or Coach to Parent
- Parent and/or Coach to club Manager/Director
Social Media: We use the acronym “THINK” to give our athletes guidelines for posting or not to post.
- T - TRUE: It MUST be full facts, not based on what you heard from another.
- H - HELPFUL: If what you are posting is not helpful to others it’s not necessary.
- I - INSPIRING: The goal is to lift others’ spirits, not the opposite.
- N - NECESSARY: Is the post really necessary? Think on it a little first.
- K - KIND: Always be kind to others. We will not behave badly in our written or verbal communication!
- Inappropriate Social Media postings may and can result in disciplinary action including termination from the team and club.
- Inform your coach of bullying and harassment within the team by athletes and / or parents as there is ZERO tolerance for bullying and harassment in our Club. These reportings will be reviewed by the Coach and the Team Manager initially on a case by case basis and may get escalated to the board to review and determine action.
- Athletes must sign the “Players Expectation” pledge.
- Cell phones will not be allowed at practice (in respect of the coach and their teammates and in the interest of learning, athletes cannot be on their phones during practices and at games). With continued contravention, Coaches may decide to collect cell phones at the start of practice and return to the athlete at end of practice.
- When your athlete is with the coach, they are the Coach’s responsibility. Parents are NOT allowed to approach the bench during a match.
- Your athletes need your encouragement and positive input. Please do not talk negatively about any coach when an athlete is around!
- There is NO entitlement or promise of court (playing) time to any athlete. Court time is up to your coach.
- Please allow the coach to coach. All head coaches are in-training or have level 1 or 2 NCCP Coaching Certificates. If you want to coach, talk to the club director to get information.
- Coaches of this club are required to work your athletes hard, train and guide their attitudes of themselves and others, push their skills and fitness levels, and encourage their self-esteem.
- Your behaviour and attitude usually then gets reflected in your child. Please be a positive role model!
- Follow all club policies and procedures. Reinforce all club policies and procedures you’re your child.
- Zero tolerance for bullying or harassment. First offense will be dealt with on a case by case basis by the Coach and the Team Manager. Second offense will result in review by Board and could result in termination.
- Parents must sign the “Parents Expectations” pledge.
Bullying and Harassment:
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Gossiping about each other
- Aggressive pressure and / or intimidation
Further to the above, the board will determine if the actions brought forth constitute bullying and / or harassment.
Zero Tolerance Behaviors:
- To abuse or mistreat someone
- To create an unpleasant or hostile situation whether verbally and/or physically
- Disturbing one's composure/peace of mind by intrusion, interference, or petty attacks
- To manipulate another into doing acts that are not ethical
- To say mean or spiteful things about a person whether present or not
- Discussing others' personal affairs without their presence
- To verbally demoralize any individual
Injury and Concussion Policy
- If an athlete shows ANY signs of concussion they must sit out.
- If signs are obvious the Coach will contact parents/guardians and the emergency contact person on file. If unable to contact within 10 minutes emergency personnel (911 call) will be initiated.
- Return to play policy in effect! A doctor’s Clearance letter MUST be received before ANY athlete is cleared for play.
- For more information on VA Concussion Awareness and Protocol policies go to:
- VA Concussion Protocol
- A Coach will always have the athletes’ health and best interests.
Gym use policy
- We are the guests in our gyms! PLEASE RESPECT their space
- COVID-19: Please continue to practice safety by social distancing and washing hands often!
- EXCEPTION: School activities have 1st priority and when activities go late we MUST wait until they are completed. This means that on occasion we may get gym access later than our scheduled time. Please be patient! Thank you for your understanding!
- BEHAVIOUR: Our contracts allow access to the gym, water fountain, and bathrooms ONLY.
- Leave these areas cleaner than you found them!
- The rest of the school is OFF LIMITS. No wandering hallways or opening lockers. Any violation of this may result in disciplinary actions.
- SHOES: Only clean, non-marking, indoor shoes permitted. This includes spectators (socks are permitted) at all times! Practices, tournaments, and other events.
- GYM DOOR ACCESS: Due to liability issues with unauthorized persons trying to enter; gym doors MUST be closed at all times.
- SCHEDULES: Schools sometimes give little warning of gym cancellation so please check your schedules often as they are subject to change without notice.
- Find your Gym: Courts - on the Home page Boxes
Lasted updated September 14, 2023