UPDATE: As the Government of Alberta begins to ease restrictions, small group training will be permitted for signed athletes only. Tryouts and all other volleyball related activities are still suspended until further notice.
Tri Area Warriors Volleyball Club (TAWVC or TAW) has adopted Volleyball Alberta (VA) Covid-19 policies with the most current up-to-date public health guidelines.
Please go to VA Covid-19 Resources page
Most current pages!
Volleyball Alberta - Step 1 Restrictions & Best Practices - https://www.volleyballalberta.ca/node/897, https://www.volleyballalberta.ca/node/896
Volleyball Alberta - Latest News - https://www.volleyballalberta.ca/
Volleyball Alberta - Return to Volleyball Guidelines - Version 3, Updated September 7
Volleyball Alberta - Competition Regulations (NEW - October 2)
TAW has implemented the following protocols:
1. All participants, coaches and team staff will answer a set of daily screening and agreement questions (that you are showing no signs of Covid19) no more than 24hrs before every session.
2. Participants will arrive no more than 10mins before their session, already changed and ready to play.
3. All participants, coaches and team staff will check in upon arrival to verify contact tracing information, that they have completed the daily health check, and are wearing a clean mask.
4. Balls and high touch surfaces will be disinfected before, during and after every practice.
5. Before, during and after practice, each player, coach and team staff will wash with soap and water and/or use sanitizer.
6. Coaches and team staff will wear masks at all times.
7. Athletes will be required to wear a mask at all times per Volleyball Alberta mandate. https://www.volleyballalberta.ca/sites/default/files/Mask%20Use%20Policy%20Communication.pdf
8. A distance of 3 meters between all participants, coaches and team staff will be maintained wherever possible.
9. Athletes will not shake hands but stand on the back line and clap for each others team.
10. Practices will have 2 trained masked coaches on court or one adult parent with one trained coach. NO parents are allowed in the gym because of safe distancing practices. Sorry it's not what we want either.
Daily Health Checklist and agreement questions are as follows and will be used on our Ramp team app for all registered participants, coaches and team staff not more than 24hrs prior to any practice, game, or event.
1. Are you or any of your close contacts experiencing any of the following known symptoms of Covid19: runny nose, sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache or chills, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, feeling unwell, muscle or joint aches (not due to physical exertion and volleyball activity), loss of smell or taste or pink eye?
2. Have you tested positive for Covid19 in the last 14 days?
3. Have you been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid19 in the last 14 days?
4. Have you been out of Canada in the last 14 days?
5. Have you been in close contact with anyone who has been out of Canada in the last 14 days?
6. Are you or any of your close contacts waiting for Covid19 test results?
7. Do you disagree with any of the following statements?
By answering NO to this question, The Participant is agreeing to the following:
A. Participant will follow the laws, recommended guidelines, and protocols issued by the Government of Alberta in respect to Covid19, including practicing physical distancing and will do so to the best of the Participant's ability while participating in volleyball, related activities and events.
B. Participant will follow the guidelines and protocols mandated by Volleyball AB in respect to Covid19.
C. Participant will follow the guidelines and protocols established by the facility being used for volleyball, related activities, and events.
D. Participant will follow the guidelines and protocols established by the Tri Area Warriors.
E. Participant will complete the Daily Health Checklist not more than 24hrs before every session of volleyball with our club and answer questions truthfully to the best of their knowledge.
F. Participant will, in the event that the Participant experiences any symptoms of illness such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose, or sore throat, immediately:
a. Inform a representative of the Organization.
b. Go to an identified isolation area apart from other participants and prepare to depart from the event and/or facility.
The Tri Area Warriors are committed to providing safe and clear guidelines for all of our programming. For the most current and up to date provincial health guidelines, please visit www.alberta.ca.
Thank you for your continued support as we work to get our athletes back on the court.