Canada Day Grass 3's Tournament
Friday, July 1, 2022 to Friday, July 1, 2022
Canada Day Grass 3's Volleyball Tournament 2022
Annual July 1 Tournament
Tri Area Warriors Volleyball Club and City of Spruce Grove
Go to City of Spruce Grove website for more information:
Grass Tournament so please wear your runners.
Location: Jubilee Park - 510 Grove Drive, Spruce Grove
Park at one of the designated spots, see above link, Canada Day Celebration.
Male Teams: Grade 6-8 and Grade 9-12
Female Teams: Grade 6-8 and Grade 9-12
Co-ed Teams: Grade 9-12
Cost: $60 Per team plus admin. fee
Grass (Beach) League Rules and Play:
- Teams are responsible for setting up and taking down their own net and lines.
- Teams will pick up after themselves, leave the playing court clean and clear after each set.
- There will be absolutely zero tolerance for alcohol and narcotics on or near the courts. Violations will be subject to disciplinary actions.
- Athletes will be expected to show an attitude of respect found in the TAWVC and VA Code of Conduct at every skills training, games and tournaments.
- Games missed, may be made up on other, agreed upon, dates if weather conditions mess with schedules.
- Depending on number of participating male, female and co-ed teams, similar age groups may be playing each other.
- Teams will consist of 3 Athletes. Co-ed teams must have a minumim of 1 female on the court at all time.
- Players may not substitute during a set. However, teams are permitted to make substitutions between sets.
- Games will consist of 2 sets to 21 or 30 minutes, which ever comes first. Ties or final score at end time will be recorded as is.
- Athletes will switch sides every 7 points played.
Rules Grass Rules
- Based on VA beach rules and/or Ontario Volleyball with some variance to work with our time and court space.
- Teams will ref and score keep their own games. In the event of disagreements a re-sever will be done.
- The ball may be served anywhere behind the end line and between sidelines and the ball is permitted to hit the net on the serve.
- Players must alternate servers, in order, once they side out.
- Serves are not allowed to be received with the overhand set/pass.
- No serving tossing errors are allowed. If you toss a ball and drop it, your team loses service.
- Teams are not permitted to screen the serve, and players must move if asked to do so.
- Be fair, make sure opponents are ready prior to serving.
- A ball may not be contacted more than 3 times per side (Rule applies to All divisions - including Coed 4s).
- A service reception may not be received with an overhand pass (set).
- Non hard driven balls/ free balls cannot be received with an overhand pass (set).
- Players are permitted to set the ball over the net provided their shoulders are perpendicular to ballââ‚¬â„¢s line of flight - shoulders of the player must be facing the direction of the intended target.
- Open hand tips are not permitted.
Net and Center line
- Players cannot touch the net during play. Touching the top tape or any part of the net will result in a loss of point and serve to the other team.
- There is no center line violation and players may cross under the net without violation, but may not:
- Touch anyone on the other team
- Interfere with the other team playing the ball
- Make contact with the net