Canada Day Grass/Beach Tournament
Monday, July 1, 2019 to Monday, July 1, 2019
Canada Day Grass (Beach) Volleyball Tournament 2019
Third Annual July 1 Tournament
Tri Area Warriors Volleyball Club and City of Spruce Grove
Go to City of Spruce Grove website for more information:
Canada Day Celebration
Grass Tournament so please wear your runners.
Location: Jubilee Park - 510 Grove Drive, Spruce Grove
Park at one of the designated spots, see above link, Canada Day Celebration.
Divisions: Doubles (A third name may be registered however only two on court at a time and no substitutions during a set.)
Male: U14-U15 U16-U17 U18-Adult
Female: U14-U15 U16-U17 U18-Adult
Co-ed: ------ U16-U17 U18-Adult
Cost: Per team $60 plus admin. fee = $61.80
TAWVC reserves the right to change divisions and playing groups as sees fit, according to registration and without notice.
Beach Tournament Rules and Play:
- Teams are responsible for setting up and taking down their own net and lines.
- Teams will pick up after themselves, leave the playing court clean and clear after each set.
- There will be absolutely zero tolerance for alcohol and narcotics on or near the courts. Violations will be subject to disciplinary actions.
- Athletes will be expected to show an attitude of respect found in the TAWVC and VA Code of Conduct at every skills training, games and tournaments.
- Games may be made up on other, agreed upon, dates if weather conditions mess with schedules.
- Depending on number of participating male, female and co-ed teams, similar age groups may be playing each other.
- Teams will consist of 2 Athletes. Co-ed teams must have 1 male and 1 female on the court at all time.
- Players may not substitute during a set. However, teams are permitted to make substitutions between sets.
- Games will consist of 2 sets to 21 or 30 minutes, which ever comes first. Ties or final score at end time will be recorded as is.
- Athletes will switch sides every 5 points played.
Rules - Official Beach Rules: Official Beach Rule Book
- Based on VA beach rules with some variance to work with our time and court space.
- Teams will ref and scorekeep their own games. In the event of disagreements a re-sever will be done.
- The ball may be served anywhere behind the end line and between sidelines and the ball is permitted to hit the net on the serve.
- Players must alternate servers in order once they side out.
- Serves are not allowed to be received with the overhand set/pass.
- No serving tossing errors are allowed. If you toss a ball and drop it, your team loses service.
- Teams are not permitted to screen the serve, and players must move if asked to do so.
- Be fair, make sure opponents are ready prior to serving.
- A ball may not be contacted more than 3 times per side (Rule applies to All divisions - including Coed 4s).
- A service reception may not be received with an overhand pass (set).
- Non hard driven balls/ free balls cannot be received with an overhand pass (set).
- Players are permitted to set the ball over the net provided their shoulders are perpendicular to ballâ€™s line of flight - shoulders of the player must be facing the direction of the intended target.
- Open hand tips are not permitted.
Net and Center line
- Players cannot touch the net during play. Touching the top tape or any part of the net will result in a loss of point and serve to the other team.
- There is no center line violation and players may cross under the net without violation, but may not:
- Touch anyone on the other team
- Interfere with the other team playing the ball
- Make contact with the net